Sunday, January 25, 2009

Signed Saskatchewan Roughriders Football



Usually in May, the good ole Green and White come to Saskatoon for a couple of workouts during training camp. They have an autograph session before the practice for fans. This year there was approximately 1000 people that turned out to welcome the Riders. We had two footballs, a CFL ball and a Rider Logo ball for signing. I lost my wife about 10 mins into the session. It was informal with the team just positioned around the stadium. I walked up to a very young looking player and asked a picture with him. He was extremely polite and said sure. After a picture and signing my ball we walked away. No one heard of this player so there was very few lines to get him; #7. The CFL Rookie of the Year, Weston Dressler. Congrats on a great season Weston!
I told her to focus on a few players and she managed to get all but about 10 players. She had the camera and when I found her she was laughing, she managed to get pictures with Andy Fantuz and Gene Makosky. When the day was said and done, we had two signed balls and really neat pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment